List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    exception handling
From:       Bill McCormick <wpmccormick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-13 20:41:20

I have a Perl module that calls a function from in a Swig generated
module, which in turn calls a function in a shared library. It's been a
while since I put it all together and made it work, so I'm kind of hazy
on the technical details - and since it mostly works I never need to
look at it.

There is occasion, when called with incorrect parameters, that the
wrapped function(s) will create a segmentation fault. I'd like to be
able to get the details of the seg fault up to the Perl/CGI script that
runs all of this. Is there some way I should be wrapping calls to the
shared lib in something like an eval BLOCK, so I can croak a message
back to the web page?

Thanks!

---