List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: New Windows mod_perl binaries available
From:       Steve Hay <steve.m.hay () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-30 0:45:13

Do you have an exception-trap at the highest level around your
program? I always have the entire program enclosed within a try-catch
block (using Try::Tiny; even just an eval {} would be better than
nothing), so if any Perl-level exceptions are thrown then they get
caught and logged. It won't trap C-level blow-ups (crashes), though,
but it might help, depending on the problem.

I may have a go at building debug binaries sometime, but you'd also
need debug perl and httpd for the full details. (I've only done
complete debug builds of everything before, not just mod_perl
components for, say, StrawberryPerl...) Which perl/httpd are you using
(where from, and what versions)?

Do you have cut-down sample programs which you can post for others to
reproduce your problem with?