List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Connection aborted (blank line after headers?)
From:       Dave Morgan <dave.morgan () coolplaces ! ca>
Date:       2012-11-16 16:58:58

On 15/11/12 11:40 AM, Randolf Richardson wrote:

Snip.....
> > Pretty well, we also get a similar problem when some IE clients download
> > pictures (jpg's).
> >
> > Software caused connection abort at \
> > /home/apache/metapoint/trunk/Metadot/UploadsManager.pm line 216,<OUT>  chunk 1.\n \
> >  The code here is (edited for brevity)
> >
> > open OUT, "<$read_file";
> > binmode (OUT);
> > print $CGI->header(%header_values);
> > {
> > local $/ = undef;
> > while(<OUT>) {
> > print;
> > }
> > }
> [sNip]
>
> 	One question:  Do you need a blank line after the headers to
> differentiate from the content?  If $CGI->header isn't providing it,
> then this could explain why the client isn't getting the image, and
> raw binary data where headers are expected could be a problem too.
>
> open OUT, "<$read_file";
> binmode (OUT);
> print $CGI->header(%header_values);
> print "\r\n"; # --- Some systems may only need "\n"
> {
> local $/ = undef;
> while(<OUT>) {
> print;
> }
> }
>
> 	Consider this to be a random idea that may be worth trying.  I hope
> this helps.

Tried in staging, broke everything :) Thanks for the idea.

After further checking the cause does appear to be the client
side aborting. We have checked with the exact clients/systems
reported and everything works properly when we do it so ......

Thanks to all for their help

Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Operations Manager, Cool Places In Canada