List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Apache::Template / Apache::Request
From:       Perrin Harkins <perrin () elem ! com>
Date:       2010-09-27 17:21:32

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Chris Ray <chris@rayjchris.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello, I'm having issues installing Apache::Request which has been asked for
> when I tried to build Apache::Template.

My recommendation at this point would be to stop using
Apache::Template.  It's not maintained anymore, and I don't think
anyone is using it with mod_perl 2.  It's pretty simple to write a
basic handler that runs templates, or you could take over
Apache::Template if you like, but I think the extra stuff in
Apache::Template that adds directives to httpd.conf is probably more
trouble than it's worth.

- Perrin