List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Strange process behavior
From:       Perrin Harkins <perrin () elem ! com>
Date:       2010-09-21 16:39:12

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Sharon Pattison <scp02230@gmail.com> wrote:
> We added some logging to several of our scripts to log when $r->args and
> $q->query_string do not match.  What we find for the bad process is that $r
> always has the correct data for the new request, but the value of
> $q->query_string never changes once the problem starts.

One quick thing to check: make sure you have the very latest version
of CGI.pm installed!  This often fixes mysterious CGI.pm problems.

> Here's a shortened
> example of what we are logging:

I'd suggest you log enough that you can see all the requests sent to a
process before it broke.  Then try duplicating those with an LWP
script and see if you can reproduce the breakage.

- Perrin