List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: [DBI] msvcrt.dll issues when running in an XP environment
From:       Michael Ludwig <milu71 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-09-12 14:29:38

Andrew McLaren schrieb am 12.09.2010 um 22:52 (+1200):

> Thanks for the support and ideas. I eventually came to the conclusion
> that even if I got this resolved, it was likely to be an ongoing
> management issue, so have decided to go the Linux route. This is now
> all running on Apache/mod_perl there with minimal problems. Now alls
> that left on Windows is a linked Access database to give me a quick
> and dirty query interface into the DB.

Good you've been able to nicely solve the issue.

From running some basic experiments, I'd think that on Windows,
IIS/ActivePerl/PerlEx would be a good solution. But there is
little user feedback available on the net, which lends a somewhat,
well, experimental or pioneering touch to the whole undertaking.

Anyone around here ever tried that combo? Or has feedback on it?
--
Michael Ludwig