List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: requests and sub-requests
From:       André_Warnier <aw () ice-sa ! com>
Date:       2008-10-12 20:54:46

Torsten Foertsch wrote:
[...]
>> And I don't think that Apache will skip the mod_perl AAA phases, will
>> it ?
>
> Yes, mod_perl handlers are called inside these ap_run_... functions.
> ap_run_access_checker() is the first of the 3 A's. A PerlAccessHandler
> is called from this function.

Thanks again for another valuable bit of information.
That removes the incentive for many of my tentative optimisations.
I seems that I can just let Apache deal with this then.
I have to think some more about it, but at the moment I don't see a
downside of that.
I do not use lookup_uri in this module, at least not explicitly.

Would you by any chance like to have a look too at the "sethandlers
question" thread a bit higher up ?