List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: need to write a fitler based on request header
From:       Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foertsch () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-02-28 14:29:08

On Thu 28 Feb 2008, J. Peng wrote:
> Also I checked apache's official document for mod_rewrite:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

Well, Apache 2.2 can, see
 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond

Other things you should be aware of:
4.  %{HTTP:header}, where header can be any HTTP MIME-header name, can always
be used to obtain the value of a header sent in the HTTP request.
Example: %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} is the value of the HTTP header
``Proxy-Connection:''.

I wasn't aware that this is a feature only of 2.2+.

Torsten