List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Perl directive not allowed in a Location block
From:       kgerbasi <kgerbasi () recognia ! com>
Date:       2008-01-25 16:50:29

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> kgerbasi wrote:
> >

> > Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> > > Not anymore, no.
> > >
> > > Can you post a more detailled example of what you are trying to do?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Philippe M. Chiasson     GPG: F9BFE0C2480E7680 1AE53631CB32A107 88C3A5A5
> > > http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/       m/gozer\@(apache|cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/
> > >

> > I'm basically pulling client options from our database and setting them
> > in
> > the conf file.  What would the workaround be since this option has been
> > removed?
> >
> > <Location />
> > <Perl>
> > 		my $config = Config::ApacheConfiguration->new();
> > 		my @clientOptions = $config->GetClientConfiguration('5');
> > 		push @PerlSetVar, @clientOptions;
> > </Perl>
> > </Location>
>
> Just moving out of the <location /> should work just fine, no?
>
> Otherwise, you can always do:
>
> <perl>
> $Location{'/'} =
> </perl>
>
> To inject configuration for that location.
>

> --
> Philippe M. Chiasson     GPG: F9BFE0C2480E7680 1AE53631CB32A107 88C3A5A5
> http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/       m/gozer\@(apache|cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/

I have many <Location> blocks within a <VirtualHost> block so I can't move
it out.  I can use the $Location way but I simply liked the ease of reading
the config file the way I did it in v1.3 of Apache.

Do you need to declare everything in the $Location or can you use it to
append to the existing <Location> block thats been written out using tags.

Thanks,
Kevin