List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Performance Questions
From:       Foo JH <jhfoo-ml () extracktor ! com>
Date:       2007-07-09 2:34:41

> Let us know how it goes - using XSLT that way is often desirable from
> a developer's point of view, but is usually impractical due to the
> processing overhead.  If you end up successfully using this technique
> in production without complaints from users please let the list know,
> I'm sure a few other people are curious too!
Just a personal opinion: wouldn't xslt juice out the cpu faster than a
conventional template engine (eg. HTML::Template)? If you are running a
fairly high-use environment, you may want to implement stuff that is
easy on the processor.

Thinking aloud though, perhaps if the xslt engine caches the compiled
xslt file, performance may improve...