List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: set auth_type, after subrequest it lost - bug or not ?
From:       Geoffrey Young <geoff () modperlcookbook ! org>
Date:       2007-06-18 14:25:08

Sergij Borodych wrote:
> On 06/14/07 16:14, Sergij Borodych wrote:
>> Hi ALL,
>>
>> I need some help
>>
>> I set auth_type (like $r->auth_type('MyType')) in PerlAuthenHandler
>> if request go in "/" (root) it generate subrequest
>> for lookup index.html file name
>> after this in subrequest I lost auth_type (but I ignore subrequests)
>> but even in PerlLogHandler I can't determine it
>>
>> this is bug or not ?
>> becouse in documentation:
>>> auth_type
>>> Get/set the type of authorization required for _this request_
>> I may try workaround with use "pnotes", but I want desirably less as
>> possibly a superfluous code
>>

> As I undestand second(subrequest) call of PerlAuthenHandler
> destroy(remove) my auth_type set(even for main request), so
> I fix it
>
> set
> $r->auth_type('MyType');
>
> before
> return OK unless $r->is_initial_req();
>
> so even in subrequest I set auth_type
>
> But I have suspicion - is the bug ?
> (I about PerlLogHandler without defined auth_type)
> How do you think ?

if you're using 2.0 then you're probably getting confused at the
difference between $r->auth_type() and $r->ap_auth_type().

$r->auth_type() is the value of the AuthType configuration directive.
it comes from Apache2::Access.

$r->ap_auth_type() is the type of authentication that is actually
performed by the server (you or httpd).  it comes from Apache2::RequestRec.

see

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestRec.html#C_ap_auth_type_

but, in short, if you're rolling your own authentication mechanism
(which you are) you want to use ap_auth_type() and not auth_type().

HTH

--Geoff