List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Error while using Storable.pm for persistent Data Structures
From:       Clinton Gormley <clint () traveljury ! com>
Date:       2007-04-23 12:37:41

Deepak - please keep this on list.

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 05:58 -0500, Deepak Mallya wrote:
> Clinton,
>            That thing worked..but i think there is another problem
> now:)..shud I install this one too?
>
> Storable object version 2.15 does not match $Storable::VERSION 2.16
> at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
> 253.

I think the installation of Storable in your home directory is not
correct - it is looking for the C libraries in the default location, and
not in your local directory.

Are you not able to install Storable 2.16 in the standard system
location?

If you MUST install it in your home directory, then do something like
the following:

 - Go to your home directory
   cd ~

 - download Storable:
   wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/A/AM/AMS/Storable-2.16.tar.gz

 - unarchive it:
   tar -xzf Storable-2.16.tar.gz

 - build and install it in your home directory
   cd Storable
   perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~
   make && make test && make install

This will install it in a directory like this:
  ~/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/
  eg /home/yourname/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/

Then use THAT directory in your perl script:
  use lib '/home/yourname/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/';

Hope this helps

Clint