List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: syswrite + Apache?
From:       Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_ltd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-12-15 10:49:27

Doh!!

Think I've solved it. I used $r instead of Apache2::RequestIO and it works. Plus, I \
forgot to uniti STDOUT before tie(ing)

Now, just gotta try it on the ever reliable RHEL 1.99!!!!!

Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote: Alex Beamish wrote:
> I'm going
> to seriously consider looking through the mod_perl docs to see if
> there's a way to make sure a reader understands that if they want to do
> anything with STDOUT .. that they can't.

The tied STDOUT is actually pretty well-documented in my opinion:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_perl_script_
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#STDIN__STDOUT_and_STDERR_streams
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/SubProcess.html#C_spawn_proc_prog_
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestIO.html

There's more here about how this affects forking and system():
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html#Starting_a_Long_Running_External_Program

If there's a place in the docs where you think it would be relevant but
it isn't mentioned, you're more than welcome to send in a correction.
There are instructions for checking out the docs source on the website.

- Perrin

Win tickets to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany with Yahoo! Messenger.