List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Getting Content-Length of response after PerlRun
From:       Jonathan Vanasco <jon () 2xlp ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 18:50:29

On May 31, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> sounds like a lot of work, right?  easier: in your CGI script buffer
> your own data, then print your own C-L header, followed by your data.

I'll vouch for that method.  I just do that by default all the time
now - there's a bit of hit on memory for ~ .03 seconds / request
(depending on your generation time, but i've found that to be average
between a mix of simple .001 pages and db heavy .06 pages) , but the
benefits far outweigh the cost, which really isn't much.   i buffer
everything and am exceedingly happy with it.