List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: $c->remote_ip
From:       Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-list () 2xlp ! com>
Date:       2006-05-22 13:27:26

On May 22, 2006, at 4:56 AM, John ORourke wrote:
> It's certainly an IPv6 address - 128 bits, and "::" means 'the
> longest set of zeroes you can fit in'.
> Maybe your macs are using IPv6 natively.  Why is it causing a problem?

ah.  i'm unfamiliar with them - this one looked different at first
glance than ipv6 examples I've seen in the past.

the issue is that i log/track according to ip.   all my db fields are
varchar(15) in postgres, to account for ipv4 addresses.

there are too many fields/apps to update, and I only pull the ip
address once in each app using a shared library item - so the easiest
way to fix things would be to force ipv4 on there.

odd that the mac suddenly started using iipv6 to talk to each other.
i didn't even know my router could support it.