List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Apache::Test 1.28 broken cfg
From:       Geoffrey Young <geoff () modperlcookbook ! org>
Date:       2006-04-17 14:49:48

Joel Bernstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apache-Test-1.28 fails tests due to expecting the apache cfg directive
> "SetEnv" to work. AFAIK this has been PerlSetEnv for *years*, so long
> that I'm thinking the problem must be something else because this is too
> obvious a bug. So I'm wondering what else the problem might be?

it's not a bug... at least not the kind you're thinking about - SetEnv and
PerlSetEnv are different, perfectly valid directives.

> Syntax error on line 52 of /home/joel/.cpanplus/5.8.8/build/Apache-Test-1.28/t/conf/extra.conf:
> Invalid command 'SetEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration

yeah, you don't have mod_env installed, which provides SetEnv.  herein lies
the bug.

> That seems fairly clear to me, but I'm wondering what else I might be
> missing. Is Apache::Test a dud? Deprecated? Is there something
> really obvious that I'm missing?

this has been fixed in svn for a while now

and will be in the next A-T version

--Geoff