List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: AuthCookie/modperl2 problems
From:       "Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer () ectoplasm ! org>
Date:       2005-12-28 1:21:56

Geoffrey Ferrari wrote:
> All of a sudden, I've started getting strange error messages when I  use
> Apache2::AuthCookie under modperl2.
>
> Apache refuses to start, logging the error message:
>
> "StackedHandlers" is not exported by the mod_perl2 module\n
> "MethodHandlers" is not exported by the mod_perl2 module\n "Authen"  is
> not exported by the mod_perl2 module\n "Authz" is not exported by  the
> mod_perl2 module\nCan't continue after import errors at /usr/
> local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Apache2/AuthCookie.pm line 6\nBEGIN
> failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/
> Apache2/AuthCookie.pm line 6.

That's because of this line in AuthCookie.pm:

use mod_perl2 qw(1.9922 StackedHandlers MethodHandlers Authen Authz);

In mp1, it was possible to use that syntax so specify the hooks a
module required as well as the mod_perl version needed.

This is causing the problem, so if you change the line to simply

use mod_perl2 qw(1.9922);

You should be okay.

At some point, this feature might be re-introduced to mp2