List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    modifying the query string & uri without a redirect ?
From:       Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-list () 2xlp ! com>
Date:       2005-12-24 5:43:41

Currently a page is accessed like this:
	/user/profile?id=X

I'm trying to get url schemes like this to map to that page
	/users/X
	/users/X/profile

I tried doing it in mod_rewrite.  there i ran into 2 problems:
	a_ the new mapping is shown to the user
	b_  i can either replace the query string entirely, or append the
new 'id' to it.  if there's an existing id param in the string
though, i run into a collison

so i say: lets just have mod_perl handle this all

great!

	a regex on $r->uri() gives me the elements i need to remap the uri.
fine!

but
	i need to overwrite one (or more) params in the request string (as
accessed by libapreq)

does anyone know of a painless way to do this?

thanks.