List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: [mp2] Installing mod_perl packages into different location than
From:       "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci () p6m7g8 ! com>
Date:       2005-12-03 19:22:47

Jozef Kosoru wrote:

> > > If that doesn't work something else is wrong.  That definetely
> > > works...  I've used it hundreds of times.
> > >
> > Commited -r351903
> >
> > The other related change I was thinking of:
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/perl/modperl/trunk/lib/Apache2/Status.pm?rev=280262&r1=266259&r2=280262
> >
> > This is okay as it stands.
>
> Ok, my mistake. I didn't have a read permission to
>
> 	/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto/mod_perl2/.packlist
>
> However I don't completely understand why the installation process needs
> access there if the PREFIX is set to somewhere else. But my problem is
> solved so thank you.
I install mine as 'pgollucci' which definetely can't right anywhere in
/usr.  I also install my perl in ~

/home/pgollucci/perl
/home/pgollucci/httpd
/home/pgollucci/mod_perl

Though I gave up on that an just put the mod_perl in the perl tree which
is in my home dir.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."