List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: [mp2] Apache::Monitor ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist
From:       Malcolm J Harwood <mjhlist-modperl () liminalflux ! net>
Date:       2005-11-22 14:59:52

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 07:30 am, Francesc Guasch wrote:

> I'm trying to use Apache::Monitor with mod_perl2, but
> it fails to load it. I changed some code because it
> didn't detected it was running inside mod_perl2 ,but
> I'm unable to fix it more.
>
> This is the error, it's the same from make test and
> when I try to run in inside httpd.conf

Does "make test" give you any other errors?

> ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist at
> /usr/local/web20/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/Apache/VMonitor.pm line 42

Do you have mod_status installed? Do you have 'ExtendedStatus On' in your
httpd.config?

> this is:
>
> use constant SERVER_LIMIT => MP2
>     ? Apache::Scoreboard->image(APR::Pool->new)->server_limit
>
>     : Apache::Constants::HARD_SERVER_LIMIT;
>
> any hints ?

That used to work.

> These are the versions of some modules. I installed apache,
> perl and mod_perl from sources.
>
>     httpd-2.0.55
>     perl-5.8.7
>
>     APR::Pool         0.009000
>     Apache-Scoreboard 2.08
>     libapreq2         2.06-dev
>     mod_perl          2.0.2

Which version of Apache::VMonitor are you using?

> This is the code I changed in VMonitor.pm so it detects mp2:
>
> 14c14
> <     use constant MP2 => eval { require mod_perl; $mod_perl::VERSION >
> 1.99 };
> ---
>
> >     use constant MP2 => eval { require mod_perl2; $mod_perl2::VERSION
> > 1.99 };

Hrm... looks like some of the last mp2 changes weren't released. Fixed in svn,
I'll get a release out when I get a chance.