List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Apache::DBI and mod_perl 2.0.1
From:       "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci () p6m7g8 ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 23:17:56

Vincent Moneymaker wrote:

> I have a question which I am not sure whether it is loopy or not.
>
> In the Apache::DBI module module the variable '$Apache::ServerStarting' is
> used but I can't find any reference to it on the mod_perl site or elsewhere
> under /usr/local/lib/perl5 on my FreeBSD box.  The mod_perl site refers to
> an '$Apache::Server::Starting' variable but not the $Apache::ServerStarting
> variable.  Is this a mistake on the mod_perl site or in the Apache::DBI code
> or am I just getting confused.
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#C__Apache__Server__Starting__and_C__Apache__Server__ReStarting_
>
> Thanks, Vince Moneymaker

Hi Vince,

 From Apache::DBI:

 > if ($Apache::ServerStarting and $Apache::ServerStarting == 1) {
 >        print STDERR "$prefix skipping connection during server
startup, read the docu !!\n" if $Apache::DBI::DEBUG > 1;
 >        return $drh->connect(@args);
 >    }

This is something that was never updated for MP2 pre or post RC5 in
Apache::DBI.  The mod_perl site is correct.
I'll patch this tonight or over the weekend as its a simple one (see below).
Thanks for the spot.

You're not finding any references to it in your code because it doesn't
exist in MP2 as the documentation says expect in
compat.pm

Its defined as following in compat.pm:

--
END