List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    mod_perl, php, mason segmentation fault
From:       jiesheng zhang <jiesheng () bioteam ! net>
Date:       2005-06-27 15:28:14

Hi,
My system is as this
Apache/1.3.33 (Darwin) PHP/4.3.11 mod_perl/1.26.
The system worked fine until I installed mason script on it recently.
When I tried to browse a page backed up by mason script, I get an empty
page and the apache error log has this message "[Mon Jun 27 06:24:35
2005] [notice] child pid 9101 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)". When
I retrieved the page backed up by php, everything seemed fine.

I then changed apache configuration to disable php, the mason page
seemed fine.

Unfortunately, I could not disable php permanently since this site has
many php pages developed.

I first suspected that the cause could be that the mod_perl and php
could not share the same environment as as suggested by Stas Bekman in
http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@apache.org/msg36277.html. However, I
ruled this out since 1) php script worked fine in spite of segmentation
fault on mason. 2)The test case to reproduce the segmented fault in that
post worked fine.

Any help is really appreciated.

--jason