List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Filter on top of a CGI script
From:       Scott Gifford <sgifford () suspectclass ! com>
Date:       2005-03-23 5:50:38

Thanks for you response, Slava.  More below...

Slava Bizyayev <sbizyaye@outlook.net> writes:

> Hi Scott,
>
> As far as I understand, your handler Apache::SiteMoved does all the
> dirty work for you on Apache-1, replacing the hostname.

Yes.

> Additionally, you want your CGI script to remain as a CGI for some
> reason.

Yes.  I'll install it under mod_perl when it's working and debugged on
the new server.

> In this case you can happily live with no Filter chain. Just take
> the input of your handler through the pipe.

From a pipe where?  In my CGI script?

I actually managed to fix this by stealing a bunch of code from
Apache::Dynagzip, which basically re-implements the CGI handler in
Perl.  It seems kind of hackish, but it works!  At least well enough
to get me through this testing.

Thanks!

----ScottG.