List:       apreq-dev
Subject:    Re: Apache::Cookie->new/bake broken - mod_perl 2
From:       Jozef Kosoru <zyzstar () uid0 ! sk>
Date:       2004-11-21 7:30:36

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 13:05:43 -0800, Dan Sully wrote:
> I'm running into an interesting problem, using Apache::SessionManager.
>
> My first request to the webpage successfully generates a cookie, and I
> see it in my browser's jar. The next response though, the
> Apache::Cookie->fetch() gets a truncated cookie (md5 sum), and can't
> tie to the previous session and creates a new one. Now, you may think
> this is a problem with fetching, and not baking.
>
> But if I make Apache::SessionManager use CGI::Cookie for the baking, and
> continue to use Apache::Cookie for the fetch, everything works fine. A
> debug print ->as_string() of the Apache::Cookie->new/bake shows valid data.
>
> I'm going to debug this further - but if anyone has ideas, it'd be
> most appreciated.
>
> This is Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl 1.99_17, libapreq2-2.04-dev (latest).

I would like to point out, that I have observed the same problem with
apreq2 Apache::Cookie. Sometimes browser gets a truncated cookie and
sometimes even a garbage cookie data.

My configuration: Apache 2.0.51, mod_perl 1.99_1, libapreq2-2.04-dev.

Combination Apache::SessionManager + CGI::Cookie works fine.

Regards,
	Jozef

--
jozef kosoru