List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07 and ModPerl 1.99_16
From:       Chris Hughes <chris () fysh ! org>
Date:       2004-09-27 14:18:43

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Shannon Eric Peevey wrote:

> Now that I am looking at the code, why would we need to at a space to
> the end of $conn -> remote_host()?
>
> $conn -> remote_host ($conn -> remote_host . ' ') ;

 It does this so it can tell if the authentication sequence has already
started on a new connection (where it does $conn->remote_host ne
$cache->{remote_host}).  It seems a pretty hacky way of doing it, mind.

 Note the comments by this code:

    # we cannot attach our object to the connection record. Since in
    # Apache 1.3 there is only one connection at a time per process
    # we can cache our object and check if the connection has changed.
    # The check is done by slightly changing the remote_host member, which
    # persists as long as the connection does
    # This has to be reworked to work with Apache 2.0

ta,

Chris