List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    multipart/form failure
From:       Alex Oboimov <alobo () soniir ! samara ! ru>
Date:       2004-08-31 14:10:29

Hi folks,

I'm fresh to Apache2/mod-perl2, just migrated from
mp1.

My system: Apache 2.049/Perl 5.8.4/mod_perl
1.99_14/DBI 1.42/DBD::InterBase/FireBird 1.5 on
linux Mandrake 9.2 engine.

My problem: my old programs were fine in the old
system. Now after major editing of the programs
they work except for files uploading that
does not work properly.

After parsing my multipart/form data I get $buffer
with file's content, then I twice 'chop' it (for
extra '\r\n' symbols) & put it in my SQL statement.
The program executes fine but after downloading
the file of 'application/msword' type is unusable
while all other types (zip, rar, pdf, jpg et
al) download just OK. The file becomes two bytes
longer and is not recognized as .doc type.

What the reason might be? I suspect that some
settings in httpd.conf might preclude some sort of
conversion for this sort of files. Any suggestions?

--
Regards,
 Alex                          mailto:alobo@soniir.samara.ru