List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Apache::Syntax::Highligh::Perl
From:       Enrico Sorcinelli <e.sorcinelli () pisa ! iol ! it>
Date:       2004-02-25 9:44:46

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:22:52 -0800
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:

Hi Stas,

> The original module has already a pretty long name.
> Apache::Syntax::Highlight::Perl makes it even longer, but it's only used from
> httpd.conf (i.e. no need to type it too often) so I suppose that's OK.

Yes

> Otherwise Apache::PerlSyntaxHighlight or Apache::SyntaxHighlightPerl is a
> better choice, IMHO, since it uses less namespaces [...]

There aren't conventions about naming of mod_perl wrappers around existant
modules, so I simply added the original namespace to 'Apache::'

Maybe can we suggest to apply s/:// to original namespace, when applicable
(i.e. for modules one-shot without sub classes)...?

Thanks for suggestions :-)

by

	- Enrico