List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: [MP2] Setting up seperate logs for virtual hosts from a
From:       Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz () dijkmat ! nl>
Date:       2004-01-27 23:48:06

At 15:36 -0800 1/27/04, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Egor Shipovalov wrote:
>>>Can I add vhosts with $s->add_config?  Something like:
>>>
>>>   $s->add_config( "VirtualHost foo.com:80" );
>>>   $s->add_config( "VirtualHost bar.com:80" );
>>>
>>>  and then do the loop with $s->next?  Or am I now stretching the
>>>API beyond to what was intended?
>>

>>I once was in your position and found httpd_conf a lot more convenient than
>>add_config. Just feed it the text you would normally write in httpd.conf:
>>
>>foreach my $vhost (@vhosts) {
>>  $s->httpd_conf(<<EOT
>>   <VirtualHost $vhost{name}:80>
>>    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/$vhost{name}/error.log
>>    ...usual config stuff here...   </VirtualHost>
>>EOT
>>  );
>>}
>
>$s->httpd_conf is not a mp2 API, you can use it only with Apache::compat.

Aha... well, after it didn't work right away, and add_config _did_
seem to work, I just didn't look any further.  A wrapper routine is
easily written.

In any case, I have now resorted to changing the actual config file
before actually starting with a wrapper around apachectl.  Too many
odd things were happening and I don't have the time to look at them

>Though I agree that requiring \@lines and not allowing $lines ala
>mp1's httpd_conf is silly, and we should support both.

Indeed...  ;-)

Liz