List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: New User's First Steps
From:       Jacob Fugal <jacob () fugal ! net>
Date:       2003-10-30 15:51:29

Ged Haywood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Eric Moore wrote:
>

>>I saw a note about redirecting STDERR to the screen but nothing about
>>sending it to the virtual_host.error_log.
>

> Do you really want to do that?  Some errors may have nothing to do
> with a virtual host (no permission, no more filehandles, disc full...)
> and are more appropriate to the main server error_log.

Except these (the ones you describe) are the errors that *do* get
correctly passed to the virtual host's error log via the ErrorLog
directive. The ones that there are no question about wanting them to go
there (warn statements in my perl code, for instance) go to the
wrong/inconvenient place.

Jacob Fugal