List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Help: Can't coerce GLOB to string...
From:       Stas Bekman <stas () stason ! org>
Date:       2003-02-26 23:02:16

Kurt George Gjerde wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>>use threads;
>>>use threads::shared;
>>
>>why do you need to load threads? Do you plan to spawn your own threads?
>

> No, they're not supposed to be there.
>

>>>  ### TRANSFORM
>>>  my $results;
>>>  eval {
>>>    $results = $stylesheet->transform($document);   ### <--- ERROR HERE
>>
>>It's expecting a scalar as an argument, right? could it be that $document is
>>not a scalar? try to print ref($document)?
>

> It's expecting an XML::LibXML::Document which is a blessed scalar, yes.
> And that's what it gets. I've also done some further tests now and all
> objects ($document, $stylesheet, etc) are identical for ok'ed and failed
> requests. Also, I've found that not all threads fail on the first request
> (but most do) and, older requests may fail as well...

Then you should probably try to interactively debug it.

> I've also tried adding the following to httpd.conf:
>
>     PerlInterpMaxRequests 10
>     PerlInterpStart 1
>
>     PerlInterpMax 1
>
> This would limit the number of threads to 1, right? Well, it doesn't.
> Multiple threads are still being created. I'll post this to the dev list.

No, this is how you control the perl interpreters pool. Threads are controlled by:

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

> There isn't a bugzilla or something for the mp2, is there?

No, most bugs are solved as soon as they come in, at least we are trying to
and didn't have a need for the bug tracking systems so far.