List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: mod perl and apache with ssl and openssl
From:       Michael Robinton <michael () bizsystems ! com>
Date:       2002-09-26 0:35:41

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Allan P. Magmanlac wrote:

> Hello,
>
>        Can anyone advise me on how to build
> apache server with ssl and openssl and
> using mod perl.
>
> this is how I do it WITHOUT mod perl support
> cd to modssl soure directory and then run the following command
> ./configure \
> --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 \
> --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6g  \
> --prefix=/usr/local/root/httpd_1.3.26 \
> --with-crt=/usr/local/root/httpd/usr/local/www/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt \
> --with-key=/usr/local/root/httpd/usr/local/www/conf/ssl.key/server.key \
> --enable-module=proxy
>
> So how would I do it WITH mod perl support. (exact commands would
> be appreciated)
>
> Thanks

Sure, here's my receipe. Works every time

make sure open-ssl is built and installed
then
in apache-xxx/

untar and run the Fixpatch script for the appropriate version of
appache-ssl

rm apache/src/Configuration
rm /usr/src/apache/src/Configuration.apaci

edit /usr/src/apache/src/Configuration.tmpl and
modules, i.e.
activate mod_info.o, mod_rewrite.o, mod_so.o libproxy.a
or whatever you plan to use

then

in mod perl source directory
Run:
perl Makefile.PL \
        APACHE_SRC=/usr/src/apache/src \
        DO_HTTPD=1 \
        USE_APACI=1 \
        PREP_HTTPD=1 \
        EVERYTHING=1 \

in apache directory
./configure --with-layout=Apache \
        --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
make
make install

Michael