List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: how to pass data in internal redirects?
From:       Joachim Zobel <nc-zobeljo () netcologne ! de>
Date:       2002-02-26 21:54:55

At 16:06 26.02.02 +0100, you wrote:
>So, a controller could in principle perform a call to a template engine
>as yours does, conceptually there is no need to do that internal
>redirect.  In fact, there is no need to have two different files if I
>take the pattern a bit further.  For instance, I believe a page written
>in Embperl or PHP could begin with the controller code and once finished
>the view code could follow, that would be MVC too in my opinion.

Ahem. No. If you do not separate, you do not separate. If you do not have
separate files, you can not use the same view with different controllers.

I am even using external redirects. This gives more stability against users
pressing reload - they are only reloading views.

See http://www.catstep.de/zobel/post2redirect.html for details.

Joachim

--
"... ein Geschlecht erfinderischer Zwerge, die fuer alles gemietet werden
koennen."                            - Bertolt Brecht - Leben des Galilei