List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: Apache::Sybase::ConPool
From:       Michael Peppler <mpeppler () peppler ! org>
Date:       2001-10-31 22:40:03

The uploaded file

    Apache-Sybase-ConPool-1.00.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/M/ME/MEWP/Apache-Sybase-ConPool-1.00.tar.gz
  size: 4185 bytes
   md5: 9c7e3cb7064b44c36b88612c92e9cf76

This module turns an Apache web server with mod_perl into a poor man's
connection pool, by opening a pre-defined number of connections to
your database server when apache is initialized, and then sharing
these connections among the httpd child processes.

I've been using a module like this on a fairly large site (a farm of
40 web servers) for about a year now, and it works quite well.

This module requires Sybase::CTlib. I have not (yet) tried to do this
with DBI.

Michael