List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Problem with Directory in Perl sections
From:       James Stalker <jws () sanger ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-29 8:58:24

Hi,

I have hit a problem with the latest couple of versions of mod_perl, and I wondered \
if anyone might know a solution.

We're using Apache 1.3.22 with mod_perl 1.26, and there appears to be a problem with \
the <Directory> directive in perl sections... e.g.

$Directory{$DocumentRoot}={
    Options         =>  '-Indexes FollowSymLinks',
    AllowOverride   =>  'None',
    SetHandler      =>  'perl-script',
    PerlHandler     =>  'Apache::EnsEMBL::SendDecPage',
    order           =>  'deny,allow',
    allow           =>  'from all',
};

does not work in a <Perl> section but it works fine outside:

<Directory /mysql/ensembl/www/sanger-test/htdocs >
    Options         -Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride   None
    SetHandler      perl-script
    PerlHandler     Apache::EnsEMBL::SendDecPage
    order           deny,allow
    allow           from all
</Directory>

/perl-status reports that the former looks as I would expect:

%Directory = (
  '/mysql/ensembl/www/server/htdocs' => {
    'Deny' => 'from all',
    'AllowOverride' => 'None',
    'Order' => 'deny,allow',
    'PerlHandler' => 'Apache::EnsEMBL::SendDecPage',
    'Options' => '-Indexes FollowSymLinks',
    'SetHandler' => 'perl-script'
  },
);

There are no errors reported, but the handler simply doesn't kick in.  We have been \
using this config for some months now, and this worked fine in 1.21.  It stopped \
working by at least version 1.25.

Anybody have any ideas?

Regards,

James