List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Porting
From:       Joshua Chamas <joshua () chamas ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 18:04:57

John Reid wrote:

> > > We have an application written in Java using MVC which we would like to
> > port
> > > to mySQL/Perl platform. We have used Struts,to create tags.
> > > Any inputs in this regards will be appreaciated.
> >
> > You will probably find that Struts tags can be ported nicely to Template
> > Toolkit (http://template-toolkit.org).  You might even be able to write a
> > converter for your JSP pages.  If you're interested in getting some
> > object/relational mapping features and a basic MVC structure thrown in as
> > well, you can check out OpenInteract (http://openinteract.org/).
> > - Perrin
> >

> Or what about Apache::ASP and XML Subs?

If you do look at Apache::ASP & see that it falls short for you,
please let me know what issues there are as there are likely
features I can add that might make your transition a better
experience.  Apache::ASP is being actively developed, and a major
release 2.23 will soon go to CPAN.   Also note that for general
questions about Apache::ASP, please send them to asp@perl.apache.org
or subscribe with asp-subscribe@perl.apache.org

--Josh