List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Porting
From:       Mark Maunder <mark () swiftcamel ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 14:44:25

Any clues as to your motivation for porting to mod_perl? I've been trying to
sell a mod_perl solution to some Java nuts for some time and any help would be
much appreciated. What really makes mod_perl better than Java? Are there any
performance benchmarks out there that anyone knows about? Scaleability? JDBC vs.
DBI? Child/Servlet memory footprint size?

If someone says to you, why didn't you do it in Java? What do you say? (Besides
mentioning Sun's lame license.)

Didn't the eToys guys do some benchmarking? (Perrin?)