List:       apache-modgzip
Subject:    [Mod_gzip] mod_proxy issues apache vers > 1.3.22 ?
From:       "D. Switzer" <switzerd () supernet ! net>
Date:       2002-03-28 0:02:29

Okay, so was gonna roll a setup into place for using mod gzip,
the good ole proxy pass, forward ssl->modgzipped_intermediary->real_host
setup.. and it worked, er .. sorta.

But I couldn't log into the service I was forwarding info to, looked
and looked, redid configs.. it was somewhere loosing/deleting a cookie
that's a session ID for the session...

I try 20 things, just doesn't work.. so I start drinking heavily and
contemplating bodily harm to either my laptop or myself, and then
my boss sees a possible bug in apache that was fixed in 1.3.24,
so we wait for mod_Ssl for that to come out, comes out today, I grab
it and config like a happy school girl..

and it still doesn't work..

so I dig further, and see drastic "changes" in mod_proxy.. I say
changes because I'm not a programmer, and ahve looked through the code
at all..   I just pulled mod_proxy source from 1.3.22.. and it's
butter.

Anyone else seen this issue? Or am I just nuts?