List:       apache-modgzip
Subject:    Re: [Mod_gzip] mod_gzip priority in modules execution list
From:       Joćo Paulo Caldas Campello <john () cesar ! org ! br>
Date:       2001-07-27 16:52:17

Hi Tim,

>         In order for mod_gzip to "see" data coming from other modules it was
> recommended that it be loaded last in the LoadModule and AddModule
> listings, and I believe that is still the recommendation.

That's ok, thanx a lot :) I really expected this, but was not hundred
percent sure.

> As I'm sure
> you know, AddModule entries are only required if there is a
> ClearModuleList in the httpd.conf file.

Yes :) I use the ClearModuleList directive cause I need reordering
mod_rewrite to be after (executed first) mod_jserv, that is statically
linked. If mod_rewrite is executed after mod_jserv, the last won't
handle its zones after a URL rewriting with flag [PT] (pass-through).

> Sorry for the crude example, but there has always been a lack of
> documentation for people who use the ClearModuleList and AddModule items.
>  (Some are just there because they are there by default)

You're right again, Tim :) And even if you had known I probably knew
this stuff (clearmodulelist, load/addmodule) it is important for other
users that have the same doubt as mine to understand all the process.

Thanks again,

--
Joao Paulo Caldas Campello,
E-mail: john@cesar.org.br,