List:       apache-modgzip
Subject:    Re: [Mod_gzip] excluding http authentication
From:       Tim Frank <tfrank () registrar ! uoguelph ! ca>
Date:       2001-04-17 14:20:39

Martin,

	I have not experience the issues you describe with HTTP-Authentication
and have been running mod_gzip since really early versions.  I am using
it with .htaccess based authentication however and not by sending the
authentication headers through a CGI or PHP script. The log entry you
describe reminds me of the one you get when trying to use mod_gzip
through SSL (without the proper setup/workaround).
	Could you give more specifics about which browsers you have tried and
how you are sending the Authentication headers.  That would help someone
reproduce the problem.

Tim Frank

On 17/04/01, 5:17:30 AM, Martin Pircher <martin@pircher.net> wrote
regarding [Mod_gzip] excluding http authentication: