List:       apache-modgzip
Subject:    [Mod_gzip] problem of mod_gzip to working with proxy, Flash
From:       Miniforum Webmaster <miniforum () miniware ! f4w ! net>
Date:       2001-04-15 9:26:28

Hello,
         There is a little problem with proxy.
It is html file ,initially it is working fine when I browse the file with
or without proxy in anytime.

But the problem is come, after few days, when browse the file, the IE 5.5
and Netscape will popup a diagnal ask me to download it if I use
proxy,..but working fine without proxy. Not all file contain such
problem.....only few of them are. But if I change the modified day of the
file to current, it is fixed, but after few days, the problem will come
again.....
It seems caused by the cache of the proxy server.
Does there any solution?

Also, the Netscape 4.7x Flash bug,
The Flash in Netscape 4.7x can't load any file including html that
compressed by the mod_gzip,
but the Flash in IE, and Netscape 6.0 can....
Does there any solutions?

Following is the config of mod_gzip
mod_gzip_on Yes
mod_gzip_temp_dir /tmp
mod_gzip_keep_workfiles No
mod_gzip_dechunk Yes
mod_gzip_minimum_file_size  300
mod_gzip_maximum_file_size  0
mod_gzip_maximum_inmem_size 100000

mod_gzip_item_include file \.htm$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.html$
mod_gzip_item_exclude file \.txt$
mod_gzip_item_include mime text/.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude file .css
mod_gzip_item_exclude file .js
mod_gzip_item_include file \.class
mod_gzip_item_include file \.jar
mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude file .swf

mod_gzip_item_include handler perl-script$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.pl$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.cgi$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.php$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.php3$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.php4$
mod_gzip_item_include mime application/x-httpd-php.*

header set Pragma "no-cache"