List:       apache-mirrors
Subject:    Re: Problem with combose.com mirror
From:       Joshua Slive <joshua () slive ! ca>
Date:       2004-08-20 15:09:45

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Justyna Horwat wrote:

> When I try to download the latest Xalan J source I get a 403 from the
> following mirror:
>
> http://mirrors.combose.com/apache/xml/xalan-j/xalan-j-current-src.zip

This mirror does not have correct symlink settings.

This is one of the reasons that we recommend our projects use
download.cgi-type pages that point directly to the files to download (and
not the symlinks), rather than relying on dumping people into a mirror
with closer.cgi.  If you need help on getting that setup for a project,
feel free to contact infrastructure@...

I will contact the owner of this mirror and ask that they update their
configuration, but we haven't in the past kicked off mirrors for small
configuration problems like this.

Joshua.