List:       apache-mirrors
Subject:    Re: Mirrors and removing content from dist directory
From:       Erik Abele <erik () codefaktor ! de>
Date:       2004-03-14 21:24:46

On 13.03.2004, at 22:37, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> I want to check with the mirrors folks that if I remove content from
> the /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository directory, that this will
> not adversely effect activity between the mirrors and www.apache.org?

Removals shouldn't impose any problems. You've to be careful with
additions or when you move stuff around in the dist tree.

> I ask this because we want to begin a process of moving the unofficial
> jars (dated builds) in the ASF Repository Directory
> (dist/java-repository) off to cvs.apache.org/repository (so that they
> are no longer distributed to the mirrors).

Btw, apache.org/dist/ is archived on a daily basis to
archive.apache.org/dist/. Maybe it makes sense to remove any unneeded
developer-builds/-duplicates from there too?

Cheers,
Erik

> -Mark
>
> --
> Mark Diggory
> mdiggory@apache.org
> ASF Repository Projects
> Jakarta Commons
> Maven

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]