List:       apache-logging-general
Subject:    [cms] using htaccess instead of symlinks
From:       Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-20 9:32:06

Hi all,

we recently discussed some trouble which windows users might have
because they currently need to create symlinks when uploading a
website.

According:
http://wiki.apache.org/logging/ManagingTheWebSite

one needs to do:

ln -s log4xxx-1.8 1.x

I just thought the same could be achieved when using a .htaccess file.
This file could rewrite the 1.x url to log4xxx-1.8.1

Then we would be free of symlinks and even windows users can update
without much pain.

Wdyt?

Cheers
Christian