List:       apache-logging-general
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Release log4j-1.3a8 official
From:       Mark Womack <mwomack () apache ! org>
Date:       2006-02-06 16:59:29

On Saturday, I instrumented the TimedLocationWatchdog code to see if I
could get a snapshot of what was going wrong, but of course after
doing that, the test never failed, after repeated tries.  It occured
to me last night that it could be related to a difference in JDK 1.3
vs JDK 1.4 (I was doing everything in 1.3).  So, I will be at it again
this evening.

However, I don't think we should stop the alpha8 release for this.  I
will create a bug to track the issue (if there isn't already an
apporpriate one).  But previously the test was just left out of the
main test suite.  At least now there is a test that can fail
(intermittently).  It is a new feature, not on a critical path for
most users, and all the other parts of the alpha8 release need to get
into the user community in general for review.  If this was beta or
rc, I'd have a much different opinion.

-Mark