List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] credentials caching problem
From:       "John Adamski (Work Account)" <adamski () graceland ! edu>
Date:       2020-08-25 14:21:06

Since my first post didn't go anywhere will try another approach

The problem is after updating to Apache 2.4 authentication credentials caching no \
long working like it was before.

Our student portal which is a Windows IIS based product allows us to display apache \
based pages within it.  Our ERP on a SUSE Linux server is running apache and displays \
data from the ERP.

What happens:  A student goes to the portal and login in and then goes to a page that \
is really on the apache server.  The credentials are passed and the data is \
displayed.  On this page if the student clicks on one of the links the credentials \
are no long passed and the student is asked to log in again.

Prior to the upgrade both the parent and the child pages on the apache server \
received the cached credentials and did not have to log on after every click. If you \
need an example the parent page could be a list of classed student registered in, the \
child would be the class info page with maybe grade and other information.

My assumption is that either something in apache 2.4 is different from 2.2 or I \
didn't install something or not loading a module.

below is a list of the options I used in the installation of apache and the list of \
modules I load when apache starts.

I am hoping someone will spot some mistake I am making so I can get this resolved as \
I need to work on getting ready to upgrade OS.

apachebase=/opt/apache2
perlbase=/opt/perl530
opensslbase=/opt/openssl11

set config_options="--prefix=${apachebase}"
set config_options="--prefix=${apachebase}/pcre"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-authn-dbm=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-mpm=prefork"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-included-apr"
set config_options="${config_options} --without-berkeley-db"
set config_options="${config_options} --without-odbc"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-expires=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-headers=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-rewrite=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-mime-magic=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-info=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-status=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-userdir=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-http"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-so"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-ssl=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-ssl=${opensslbase}"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-perl=${perlbase}"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-pcre=${apachebase}/pcre/bin/pcre-config"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-gdbm"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-devrandom=/dev/urandom"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-expat=/opt/gnu"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-dumpio=shared"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-ldap-include=/opt/openldap/include/"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-ldap-lib=/opt/openldap/lib/"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-ldap=static"
set config_options="${config_options} --enable-authnz-ldap=static"
set config_options="${config_options} --with-ldap=ldap"

adamski cars: grep LoadModule httpd.conf

LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule authn_dbm_module modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
LoadModule authn_socache_module modules/mod_authn_socache.so
LoadModule authn_core_module modules/mod_authn_core.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module modules/mod_authz_groupfile.so
LoadModule authz_user_module modules/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule authz_dbm_module modules/mod_authz_dbm.so
LoadModule authz_core_module modules/mod_authz_core.so
LoadModule access_compat_module modules/mod_access_compat.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so
LoadModule cache_disk_module modules/mod_cache_disk.so
LoadModule cache_socache_module modules/mod_cache_socache.so
LoadModule socache_shmcb_module modules/mod_socache_shmcb.so
LoadModule socache_dbm_module modules/mod_socache_dbm.so
LoadModule reqtimeout_module modules/mod_reqtimeout.so
LoadModule filter_module modules/mod_filter.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule version_module modules/mod_version.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule unixd_module modules/mod_unixd.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

John David Adamski, Sr. Sysadmin/DBA
Graceland University, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140
adamski@graceland.edu
641-784-5267