List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] Re: How to block Apache2 from showing dir lists on Ubuntu 16.04 server...
From:       " () lbutlr" <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2019-03-11 11:45:42

Bo Berglund <bo.berglund@gmail.com> wrote:
> equire valid-user
> Options -Indexes
> DirectoryIndex dirlist.php

Does you main configuration have AllowOverride?

> I even went as far as editing the
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf file and adding this to
> the end of the directory block:

I didn't know that file, nor do I have the directory structure on my apache install \
(for me, sites-available is an nginx directory), but what does apachectl -S show as \
the path to the configuration files?

for example:

default server www.example.com (/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf:1)

--
all your snowflakes are urine and you can't even find the cat