List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Rotate Logs | Number of Files | File Size
From:       Rainer Jung <rainer.jung () kippdata ! de>
Date:       2019-02-28 19:33:41

Am 26.02.2019 um 09:53 schrieb Khandelwal, Ankit:
> Hello All,
>
> I have configured rotatelogs inside httpd.conf at location:
>
> #
>
> # ErrorLog: The location of the error log file.
>
> # If you do not specify an ErrorLog directive within a <VirtualHost>
>
> # container, error messages relating to that virtual host will be
>
> # logged here.   If you *do* define an error logfile for a <VirtualHost>
>
> # container, that host's errors will be logged there and not here.
>
> #
>
> ErrorLog "logs/error.log"
>
> ErrorLog "| D:/Apache24/bin/rotatelogs.exe -l
> D:/Apache24/logs/error_apache_%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S.log 10KB"
>
> The above command helps to split log file by 10 KB. However, I wish to
> use number of files using -n as mentioned :
>
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/programs/rotatelogs.html
>
> Can anyone help me with exact syntax to use number of files in addition
> to file size of 10 KB.

According to the docs you linked to it would be

ErrorLog "| D:/Apache24/bin/rotatelogs.exe -l -n 20
D:/Apache24/logs/error_apache_%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S.log 10KB"

The number "20" is just an example. Note that 10KB is pretty small for
rotation, but of course a small size is helpful for quick rotation
during low traffic test.

Regards,

Rainer