List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] Apache HTTPD ProxyRemote and Balancer?
From:       Priit Serk <priit.serk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-04-28 7:26:04

Hello
My goal is to setup apache httpd as a proxy server for user internet
browser. But the trick here is that there is another requirement that this
proxy has to use other public proxies as additional proxy server (I bought
a couple proxy's as a service).
The current setup:
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests On
ProxyVia On
ProxyRemote * http://proxy_ip:80

This version works nicely but I can't figure out how to add several proxy's
to ProxyRemote? ... seems not working when setuping as: ProxyRemote *
balancer://mycluster

Any ideas? Can it be achieved with apache or some other load balancer
should be used?

I posted the similar question to stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36893927/apache-httpd-proxyremote-and-balancer
but no response from there.

Reverse proxy approach doesn't seem to fit, at least public proxies wont
get the original request.

Br
Priit