List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Re: Problem in chunked response
From:       Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-22 11:39:31

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 8:58 AM, skbarik <skbarik@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are very heavily dependant upon the extension to indicate certain status
> to client.
> and unfortunately we dont have any control over backend to change this.
> Is there way to configure mod proxy to not discard this.

No, mod_proxy handles Content-Length and/or Transfer-Encoding per
connection (hop-by-hop), and may switch from one to the other
depending on whether it already has the whole payload or not (plus
possible content transformations in the chain).

Even when the chunked Transfer-Encoding encoding is preserved, chunks'
boundaries may change, hence it does not (always) make sense to
preserve chunk-extensions.

The backend can hardly rely on chunk-extensions as an "out of band"
communication with the user-agent, precisely because there may be
intermediaries, and extensions are always meant for the next hop.