List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] Apache, http 1.0 and content length
From:       Frederik Nosi <frederik.nosi () postecom ! it>
Date:       2014-06-26 16:27:34

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a client app, which seems not able to handle chunked
encoding but needs Content-length set. My configuration is apache 2.2 ->
mod_jk 1.30 -> tomcat 6.0.x. I forced http 1.0 so chunked encoding
doesn't get used adding this:

<Location /blah>
         SetEnv downgrade-1.0
</Location>

so far so good, chunked encoding doesn't get used, but at this point
Content-Length does not get set too. I looked at the online
documentation both of Apache 2.2 and tomcat-connectors, but I couldn't
find a way to force it. For now i'm just doing a:

header set Content-Length 65535

Which with my browser works but is ugly. The real page length is < 65535
obviously) but not sure if this will work with my costumer's app, i'm
waiting for him to make a test.

My question is, how can i force apache to calculate a valid content
length given this conditions?

Thanks in advance,
Frederik